Globe Cash, or very commonly called GCash, is a mobile wallet app that helps you to pay bills, send money, shop, and much more.
Due to security reasons or any other concerns, you may want to delete your GCash Account. If so, you have come to the right place! This article gives you a full guide on how to delete GCash account.
GCash Application is widely used in the Philippines for fast and easy payments. It is completely safe, secure, and uses your mobile number as the key identity factor. Some of the reasons why people would want to delete their GCash Account include:
- They get too many advertisement communications/spam emails from the company.
- They traveled to the Philippines for a short duration and now no longer need the App.
- They got scammed on the Gcash app.
If you get too many communications/spam emails from the company, there is a way to block all communications. Hence due to these reasons, you need not delete your GCash Account.
In this article, I have mentioned three ways for how to delete GCash account. All three are tried and tested methods. You can follow whichever the one you find convenient.
3 Alternative ways on How to Delete GCash Account?
You can delete your GCash Account either by sending an email, submitting a support ticket, or calling the support number. Below mentioned are the detailed steps for each of these ways.
Method 1: Delete GCash Account via dialling *143#
GCash has provided a number that you can dial in to delete or suspend your account. Follow the below steps to delete or suspend your GCash account via the dial-in number:
- Dial *143# on your mobile phone.
- Choose GCash.
- Choose Account.
- Choose Suspend to deactivate your Account.
This is the most easiest and convenient way to delete your GCash Account without any hassle. It is also the fastest way to delete your GCash Account.If this method does not work, you can try to delete or suspend your GCash Account via mail or by raising a support ticket.
Method 2: Delete GCash Account by Submitting a Support Ticket
Suspending or deleting your GCash account by submitting a support ticket is comparatively slower than Method1. Follow the below steps to delete your GCash account by submitting a support ticket:
- Navigate to GCash Help Center.
- Click on Submit a Ticket.
- Fill out the necessary information, such as your email address, name, and mobile number. Mention your concern in detail in the description box provided.
- Click Submit.
Method 3: Delete GCash Account via Email
If dialing *143# or raising the support ticket didn’t work, you could email the GCash support team requesting account deletion. Deleting your account via this method will take much longer, but you can guarantee that it will work. The GCash support team will help you out with the task.
Follow the below steps to send an email to the GCash support team:
- You will need to compose an email and make it out to [email protected]
- You can keep the Subject as “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” or “GCash ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the body section of the email, write about why you want to delete your account and request for deletion. I have given a sample template below.
Hi GCash Team,
I am a registered user of GCash with the name John C and the email id linked with this account is [email protected] I no longer need this account at the moment due to personal reasons. I request you to delete my account from your database and also would like to stop receiving communication/advertisement mails.
I hope you understand my concern and will do the needful as soon as possible. To ask any further information regarding my query, you can contact me on my email id or phone number (mention your phone number and email-id here).
I hope you got your answers on how to delete GCash account.
In case you are stuck anywhere in the process, please do leave a comment below, and I will help you out.
Thanks for reading!